We may change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received. Once your order has been confirmed, we will not be able to make any changes to the terms that apply to that order.
Before placing an order, if you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Services team.
When you place an order on our website we shall email you an order confirmation email. Our acceptance of your order does not take place until despatch of the order, at which point the contract for the purchase of goods will be made and you will be charged.
Once you have checked out and you have received your order confirmation email you will not be able to make any changes to your order so please make sure that everything is correct before clicking the ‘CONFRIM & PAY’ button.
Any discounts triggered by the entry of a promotional code will not be applied until the order is accepted but will be detailed on the invoice.
We reserve the right to refuse an order. Non-acceptance of an order may, for example, result from one of the following:
* The product ordered being unavailable from stock
* Our inability to obtain authorisation of payment
* The identification of an error within the product information, including price or promotion
* If we suspect any fraudulent activity
If there are any problems with your order we shall contact you. We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time. We will take all necessary measures to keep the details of your order and payment secure..
Prices are subject to change without notice. These changes will not affect orders that have already been despatched. Prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable).
Goods are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when the order is placed and the time when the order is accepted, the stock position relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept the order we shall notify you as soon as possible and you will not be charged for the out of stock items.
We continually update our website. From time to time our stores may run special local promotions (which may not be available on our website) or we may offer special discounts online that are not available in stores. Additionally, some website promotions may not be available to customers in particular jurisdictions.
We accept American Express, Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Maestro, MasterCard, Solo, Arcadia Group Store cards and PayPal.
If you have paid on your debit, credit or charge card you will only be charged once the goods have been dispatched to the delivery address. We will email you to confirm dispatch.
Please see www.paypal.com for information on PayPal payments.
The prices shown on our website include any VAT (or similar sales tax) at the prevailing rate for which we are responsible as the seller. The amount you pay will be the price indicated plus any delivery charges. The delivery charges will depend on the delivery option that you choose and will be shown during the checkout process.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to, or does not for any reason, authorise payment then you will be notified of this immediately at the check-out stage.
ONLINE SHOPPING MADE SAFE
We are working together with Visa and MasterCard to offer you a safer shopping experience when using your credit card online. Please click here to find more information and how to register your card.
Please note: If you choose not to register during the checkout process, depending on your card issuer, we may not be able to process your order. A different method of payment will be required to complete your purchase.
We offer two delivery options for customers in the United Kingdom: (1) Standard Delivery and (2) Nominated Day Delivery. Charges apply to both options. For further information, including the costs and estimated delivery times, please see What are your delivery options in the Delivery section of our FAQs.
Please note that we do not deliver to the Channel Islands and BFPO addresses.
Alternatively, you can collect your items from one of our stores in the UK. This option is not available for furniture. For further details, please see the Click & Collect section of our FAQs. If you choose this option, we will keep your order in store for ten calendar days after it has arrived. If the order is not collected within the 10 days, we will assume it is unwanted, cancel the order and issue a refund to your original payment method.
If you have any questions concerning delivery of your order, please contact our Customer Services Team.
Subject to availability, we will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver the products you have ordered within the time stated for the delivery service you have selected after your order is accepted by us. An estimated delivery time for your order will be displayed on the payment and delivery page before you place your order. Please note that certain products which are not available from stock have a delivery time which may be longer than 30 days from the date an order is placed. Where that is the case, it will be made clear on the payment and delivery page before you place your order. We will usually deliver all products comprised in your order in one delivery. However, due to size of some of the products or large quantities ordered we may have to split your order and you might receive multiple parcels. Please note you will only get charged once for delivery.
We may run delivery promotions from time to time. Please see Promotions section of these terms and conditions to check whether we are running any at this time.
We guarantee to refund any item you are not completely happy with when you return it to us in saleable condition within 14 days of receipt, in the case of returns by post, and 28 days of receipt, in the case of returns to store. To return an item by post, use the freepost returns label included within your order. See the 'Returns by post' tab for details. Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
In the interest of hygiene we do not offer refunds on the following products:
If these products are deemed unsatisfactory quality or unfit for purpose a refund will be honoured.
Please also note that items must be returned with all of the barcode tags intact and with the despatch note you received enclosed.
Please note, not all items can be returned to store. All items that are part of our concession brand collections can only be returned by post. These items are clearly marked on your despatch note with an ‘**’ at the end of the product description. In addition the following items can only be returned by courier:
You also have the right to cancel your contract with us and return your items by post within 14 calendar days from the day after the date you received your order. Please see the 'RIGHT TO CANCEL' tab above for details.
Your statutory rights are not affected by our returns policy.
For your convenience, customers can go to their nearest store to return an item. Please ensure that you take your despatch note with you as your proof of purchase. You will also require the card that was used to purchase the order online. If you are not the cardholder for the order, they will need to be present at the time of return to store to accept the refund back onto their credit/debit card.
You can return an item by post within 14 days of receipt. Customers will receive a freepost returns label with their order.
Please see How do I return an item by post? in the Returns section of our FAQs for information on how to make a return by post.
Please allow 28 days from the day the parcel is posted for your refund to be processed. We will email you to let you know once your parcel has been received and your refund has been processed.
The refund will be processed once your goods are received into our warehouse. Please note that it may take 2-3 working days for the refund to show in your account. Each item returned is refunded separately, and will show on your statement as a refund / credit from BHS. You will be refunded on to the card that the goods were purchased with. If your card expires before we process your refund please contact our Customer Services Team with your order number, postcode and new card details.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Services Team
Note: Returns by post cannot be accepted without a valid Returns Authorisation Number. You will be unable to get a Returns Authorisation Code online if more than 14 days has passed since you received the items. See How do I return an item by post? in the Returns section of our FAQs for information on how to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number. If you experience any difficulties with the online returns process please contact us at customer.service@BHS.COM.
RETURNING GOODS BOUGHT AS SPECIAL OFFERS
If you return a single item bought as part of a multi-buy discount offer (for example 'buy 2 for £20.00') you will be refunded the full price of that item less the total discount given in the offer. If you return all items purchased with the multi-buy discount you will be refunded with the full multi-buy value.
For combination purchases ("buy one, get one free" or "get the lowest priced item free"), you must return any free items or vouchers back for us to process a refund.
RETURNING GOODS WHICH ARE OF UNSATISFACTORY QUALITY OR UNFIT FOR PURPOSE
Customers can return these items to us using the freepost returns label enclosed with their order or download a freepost returns label here. Alternatively you can return them to our UK stores. Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
For further information on how to return items by post please see How do I return an item by post? in the Returns section of our FAQs.
In addition to our returns policy, if you are a customer in the European Union you have the right to cancel your contract with us within 14 calendar days from the day after the date you received your order. This right does not apply to the following items: (1) items that have been sealed for hygiene reasons (e.g make-up, underwear, swimwear or pierced jewellery) if the seal has been broken; (2) CDs and DVDs if the seal has been broken; and (3) items that have been made to the customer’s specification or that are personalised. You will be responsible for the cost of returning a cancelled order to us.
To exercise your right to cancel follow the steps below:
1. Log into your account at BHS, download the cancellation form provided in the “my account” section and include it with the items when you return them. You can also complete and submit a web version of the Cancellation Form here. Alternatively, write to us by email (email@example.com) or include a letter with the items when you return them. Please state that you wish to cancel your contract and include your full name, address and order number.
2. Return the items to us by post at your own cost and no later than 14 calendar days after the day that you sent us the Cancellation Form or other written notice of your cancellation. Please download a returns label here and once completed, affix it to the parcel and take it to your local posting office.
We will refund to you the price paid for the items and (unless you did not pay for delivery) the delivery charges that you paid up to a maximum amount of the cost of our Standard Delivery option. You will be refunded to your original method of payment within 14 calendar days of our receipt of the cancelled items or, if earlier, within 14 days from the day we receive proof of return from you. If we do not receive the cancelled items back, we may arrange to collect them from you at your cost.
Please note: if you do not wish to cancel your entire contract and just want to return some of the items in your order you can return them in accordance with out standard return policy. Please see the 'Returns Policy' tab above for details.
STUDENT DISCOUNT ONLINE
NUS Extra Cardholders receive 10% off purchases with a valid NUS Extra card. To redeem the discount enter your student card number at the checkout. Discount is not available on giftcards or store card payments. We reserve the right to terminate this discount without notice. Discount is only valid for NUS Extra and is non transferable.
STUDENT DISCOUNT INSTORE
Students receive 10% off purchases with any valid student card. To redeem the discount please show a valid student card at the checkout. Discount is not available on giftcards or store card payments. We reserve the right to terminate this discount without notice. We reserve the right to not accept ID that we deem invalid or fraudulent.
Any items ordered remain our property until we receive full payment.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
All sizes and measurements are approximate, however we do make every effort to ensure they are as accurate as possible. Unless otherwise stated, sizes indicated are UK sizes. Please refer to the size guide for clarification.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We reserve the right to refuse orders where product information has been mis-published, including prices and promotions.
Gifts You’ll Love Competition
1. By entering the free prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except for employees of the Arcadia Group and BHS Limited, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Prize Draw.
3. The Prize Draw closes at midnight on Sunday 14th February 2016. BHS does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late, incomplete, illegible or defaced entries will not be accepted.
4.To enter the competition entrants must share the gifts they would love to receive on Valentine’s Day via an entry form. Entrants must enter their details to complete the entry.
6. The winner will be drawn at random (by an independent person) within 2 weeks of the closing date. The winner will be notified by email by no later than 29th February 2016. BHS’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be 5 winners.
7. There are 5 prizes (the “Prize”) which consists of a £100 Gift Card per winner.
8. If the Prize is not claimed within 2 weeks of the winner being notified, BHS reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
9. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. BHS reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
10. By entering the Prize Draw the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as BHS may require.
11. Winner’s details will be available for 2 weeks after the draw by sending a SAE to #giftsyoulove Competition, BHS, Marketing Department to the address below.
12. BHS reserves the right to (i) cancel this promotion, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. Promoter: BHS registered no.229606. Registered office: 129-137 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QD.
Home Essentials Student Quiz
Include your name and email address for the chance to win £100 worth of BHS Vouchers. The winner of the competition will then be selected at random:
1. The last entry date for the completion is Tuesday 9th February 2016.
2. Only one entry per person, email addresses which have been submitted multiple times will not be considered.
3. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged over 18, except for employees of BHS Ltd, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the creating of this Competition.
4. BHS vouchers will be distributed by post to the competition winner and can be used to shop online and in store.
5. The winner will be notified by email no later than Monday 15th February 2016.
6. If the BHS Vouchers are not claimed within 2 weeks of the winner being notified, BHS reserves the right to award the Vouchers to an alternative winner.
7. The Competition closes at midnight on 9th February 2016. BHS does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted.
8. Winner’s details will be available for 2 weeks after the draw by writing to BHS Ecommerce Competitions, 8th Floor, 129-137 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QD.
9. Competition prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. BHS reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
11. BHS reserves the right to (i) cancel offer (ii) refuse any individual participation (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions governed by English Law and exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts. Offer provided by BHS. Ltd. Registered office 129-137 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5QD. Reg no. 0229606
Arcadia Research Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. By completing the questionnaire (the "Questionnaire") you will automatically be entered into the free prize draw (the "Prize Draw") and agree to these terms and conditions.
2. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the British Isles aged 16 or over, except for employees of the Arcadia Group, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Prize Draw.
3. The Prize Draw is run by the following Arcadia brands: Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Evans, Topshop, Topman, Dorothy Perkins, Burton, Outfit (the "Brands").
4. To enter you must register online at www.bhs.co.uk/feedback provide us with your details and complete the Questionnaire.
5. This Prize Draw opens at 00:00 (GMT) on the first day of each calendar month and closes at 23:59(GMT) on the last day of each calendar month. Only one entry per person per month.
6. There will be one winner (the “Winner”) selected each calendar month from all of the entrants in that calendar month across all of the Brands. The Winner will be drawn by an independent person at eDigitalResearch (our third party agent) on the first Monday of the calendar month following entry. The Winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw in the relevant month. Arcadia's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will only be one winner every calendar month across all Brands.
7. One prize will be won each calendar month. The Prize will be the Winner ‘s choice of one of the following items(the "Prize"):
a. a new Apple iPad (9” model) or Samsung Galaxy tablet (8” or 10.5” model); or
b. a £250 Arcadia Gift Card; or
c. a £250 cheque.
and the Prize will be posted to the Winnerwithin 28 days of notification from the Winner of the prize that they wish to receive.
8. If any Winner fails to claim their Prize within 14 days of being notified, Arcadia reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
9. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There are no cash alternatives. Arcadia reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original Prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
10. By entering the Prize Draw the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Arcadia may require.
11. Arcadia does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties.
13. The Winner’s first name, surname and country will be available for one month after the draw by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to: "Project Connect Free Prize Draw", at the address below.
14. Arcadia reserves the right to (i) cancel this promotion, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual's entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes.
16. Promoter: BHS Limited. Registered office: 129-137 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5QD. Registered company number: 0229606.
Free Standard Delivery on orders over £25
1. By taking advantage of the free UK standard delivery offer (the “offer”) you agree on these terms and conditions.
2. The offer entitles residents of the UK and Northern Ireland to free UK standard delivery on all orders over the stipulated amount made in a single transaction online at www.BHS.co.uk. Items purchased on the furniture site (BHSFurniture.co.uk) are not included.
3. The offer is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland only.
4. The offer applies to our standard delivery service within the UK and Northern Ireland only.
5. BHS reserves the right to (i) cancel this offer, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s benefit from it and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (but will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants or potential entrants).
6. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and exclusive jurisdiction of English courts. Offer provided by: BHS Limited. Registered office: 129-137 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5QD. Registered company number: 0229606.
1. This offer entitles you to £5 off £25 on your first purchase in one transaction at BHS.co.uk. Excludes BHS Direct, Gift Cards, non participating concessions, and postage and packing costs.
2. This offer is valid for 1 week after receiving the email.
3. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion including BHS and Arcadia group staff discounts or for paying BHS MasterCard accounts.
4. Redeem online by entering the code at checkout. Only one code per transaction.
6. Excludes delivery charges.
7. Offer is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. Normal refund policy applies.
8. BHS reserves the right to (i) cancel offer (ii) refuse any individual participation (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions.
9. Terms and Conditions governed by English Law and exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts. Offer provided by: BHS Limited. Registered office: 129-137 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5QD. Registered company number: 0229606.
UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (SI 2006 No. 3289)
So that you can get your old electrical products recycled, Arcadia have contributed toward the development of recycling collection points (known as ‘Designated Collection Facilities) throughout the UK through our membership of the Distributor Take Back Scheme (DTS).
UK households dispose of over 1.2 million tonnes of electrical and electronic waste every year. This is the equivalent of 150,000 double decker buses and would be enough to fill the new Wembley Stadium 6 times over. Much of the UK's electronic waste ends up in landfill sites, where toxins put communities at risk.
To remind you to recycle, all new electrical products are marked with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol.
Not all council sites are suitable to collect all types of waste electrical goods. To find out your nearest participating site and for advice on all aspects of recycling at home, please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk
BHS is committed to reducing the impacts of its packaging on the environment. Our aim is to reduce our production of packaging waste, maximise recycling and reduce disposal to landfill as far as reasonably possible.
We take our environmental responsibilities very seriously and aim to continually reduce the impacts of our waste on the environment. We are a registered business under the UK’s Packaging Regulations and contribute toward the recycling of packaging waste arising in the UK.
Where possible, we will encourage our customers to recycle their own waste. For further information on how you can help to recycle more and where you can recycle your waste, please visit www.recyclenow.com.
For further details regarding the use of data supplied by you, please see our Privacy Statement. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to the Arcadia Group. Any use of the site or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission.
We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website. To the extent permitted by applicable law, and save as otherwise specified by us, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Certain (hypertext) links in this site will lead to websites which are hosted by our partners. When you activate any of these you will leave the website and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any website which is not under our control.
These exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Times quoted in these terms and conditions are Greenwich Mean Time or British Summer Time (as applicable).
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and it is agreed that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute. If any terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Copyright © BHS
This website is owned and operated by and the contract for any items ordered is with:
Arcadia trading as BHS Registered in England
Company No. 00229606
70 Berners Street,
London W1T 3NL
VAT No: GB169 0943 36
Customer Service Telephone Number: 0344 411 6000